The Fluval U3 offers great three stage filtration and water movement. This power filter is capable of cleaning tanks of up to 150 litres. It now features adjustable 3 way flow control so that you can choose the best type of flow for your aquarium. The first setting will circulate from top of the filter to oxygenate your water. The second setting uses the built-in spray bar to pump filtered water out of the centre of the filter body. This is especially useful if you have live plants or small fish that need a gentle flow of water. The third setting returns water towards the bottom of the tank. This will help the filter to collect any waste that may settle and will stimulate many bottom dwelling fish.
Fluval U series filters can be positioned horizontally and can be used to create a variety of flow conditions and in fish tanks that have a low water level.
The Fluval U3 can be used in Marine or freshwater environments and provide superior filtration. This 3 stage filter contains foam to trap waste as well as a ceramic biological media that provides home to millions of beneficial bacteria. It also comes equipped as standard with a carbon impregnated floss that will chemically purify water for up to six weeks before needing replacing. One of the benefits of the U series filter range is ease of cleaning. The top of the filter has a hinged lid to access the foams inside. This means that you can access the filter media without disturbing your fish or releasing waste back into the aquarium water. Once you have finished cleaning the media, you simply click the lid shut again.
- Adjustable 3 way flow
- Flip top designed for easy cleaning
- Versatile, adjustable positioning
- For fresh and saltwater aquariums
- Built in Spray Bar setting provides a gentle, even flow for planted aquariums
- Easy impeller cleaning
- Improved filter media cartridge which can hold a large amount of debris plus new Fluval U Clean & Clear cartridge available serperately
- Sleek, modern design and packaging
- “plain English” instruction manual
- Size (LxWxH) 10 x 8.3 x 26.7cm
- Maximum flow 600 litres per hour
The U3 is suitable for aquariums from 90 to 150 L (24 to 40 U.S. gal.).